Close me | Print this
The patient should have 1 and 2 ... documentation from 3, 4 and 5 will support.
MAY USE RECENT HOSPITAL RECORDS FOR LAB/PULMONARY FUNTION TEST STUDIES
1. Severe chronic lung disease (BOTH a and b)
2. Hypoxemia at rest on room air (pO2 ≤ to 55 mg Hg; or O2 sat ≤ to 88% using saturation monitor or Arterial Blood Gases [ABGs]) OR hypercapnia, as evidenced by pCO2 > 50 mmHg within 3 months of certification.
3. Right heart failure secondary to pulmonary disease (cor pulmonale)
4. Unintentional progressive weight loss of >10% of body weight over preceding six months
5. Resting tachycardia > 100/min